Packaging is among the high growth industries in India and developing @ 22-25% per annum and becoming a preferred hub for packaging industry. Currently the 5th largest sector of India's economy, the industry has reported steady growth over past several years and shows high potential for much expansion, particularly in the export market.
South India - Some interesting facts!
- Annual economic growth of the country is 8%; in South India, it is 17%.
- 36% of the National Agricultural produce is from South India.
- South India is the largest producer of spices in India
- 75% of India's total coconut produce comes from South India.
- South India grows 48% India's entire cotton produce.
- It has emerged as the largest consumer of 'poly ethylene terephthalate' (PET) material for packaging mineral water.
- A strong pharma hub with strong infrastructure of research facilities and scientists.
- Dairy product packaging constitutes a large portion of the South India Packaging industry.
- Abundant tea production in South India brings prospects in paper bag packaging industry.
Opportunities are huge! PackPlus South will explore the markets of the region and will provide a business & networking platform to the packaging, converting, processing & supply chain industry!