About the show
PackPlus South, The total packaging, converting and supply chain event, is coming back to Hyderabad for its 9th Edition in South India. The show will feature latest innovations and developments from packaging and allied industries, giving a global business & networking platform to the participating exhibitors and visitors.
About the Industry
India’s packaging sector is currently the fifth largest sector of country’s economy. It is among the high growth industries in India, developing at 22-25% per annum. The market size of country’s packaging industry is expected to touch INR 7660 crores by FY20 on account of rising population and income level.
South India- some interesting facts!
- Annual economic growth of country is 8%, in south India, it is 17%
- 36% of the National Agriculture produce is from South India
- South India is the largest producer of spices in India
- 75% of India’s total coconut produce comes from South India
- South India grows 48% of India’s entire cotton produce
- It has emerged as the largest consumer of ‘poly ethylene terephthalate’ (PET) material for packaging mineral water
- A strong pharma hub with strong infrastructure of research facilities and scientist.
- Dairy product packaging constitutes a large portion of South India’s packaging industry.
- Abundant tea production in South India brings prospects in paper bag packaging industry.
Opportunities are huge! PackPlus South will explore the markets of the region and will provide a business & networking platform to the Total Packaging, converting and supply chain industries.